This beautiful girl finally arrived two days ago on Sunday August 22, 2021.
We were able to pay her bail on August 8, 2021 to save her from shipping to Mexico thanks to donations!!!! We decided to call her Stella.
Today, August 24, we had the vet out to examine her. We did an SAA to see if her body shows any signs of an infection. It came back 1 so that is quite a relief. Stella got a dental exam and her teeth floated. We also did x-rays because she has a small hole between her left eye and nostril right on her sinus. But luckily everything checked out ok. Surprisingly, she is in good weight. She also got completely vaccinated.
When we bailed her out, we already knew that she was almost completely blind. This is probably caused by uveitis. So we have to see if we might have to take further actions in the future.Otherwise we are happy to say that Stella settled in well. She is enjoying her little pasture with access to unlimited grass and also hay. Now she just has to complete her two weeks of quarantine before we can introduce her to the herd.
She will also see the farrier on September 3rd, 2021 at our next appointment.
If you think we do a good job, please consider donating! If Stella's bail would have not been covered by donations we couldn't have helped her. As bad as this sounds, but every horse that moves in will most likely have health issues that we carefully have to think about to make sure everyone gets the best possible care without cutting corners!
This little sweetheart absolutely deserves a soft landing!
Thank You for your help!